Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Work work.

Last thing first. When I was about to reach home, I remembered that I had a missed call from an unknown number. I was at my doorstep when I returned the call. She answered the call, and the first thing she asked was "are you still looking for temp job?". Initially, I thought that she was the pet shop owner, calling to ask me if I'm still available to work at her shop. Then she was telling me about Sentosa and to go for some walk-in interview. Her voice sounds like Yan Fang, but is is unlike her tone. Then it struck me, the way she talked has a slight accent. I asked her," are you Cindy?' She replied," ..you thinking of another girl.. " or it sounded something like that (I was very tired, I could not catch much of what she was saying, only heard 'temp job', 'Sentosa', 'walk-in', 'other girl' and 'Serene'). All my guesses were wrong. She is Serene as she 're'-introduced herself to me. Then we had a short talk about looking for job.

Talking about jobs. And almost everything about me. When things don't come, they disappeared, vanished and almost like avoiding me. But when things come, they come in bunches, and the more it comes, the better it gets. Last time, it was outings. This week it is job opportunities. After December, I've actively asked many people about job vacancies, no one seems to be of help. I've sent out many resumes, but there was only one response. I've went to the pet shop behind my house and she said that she will keep me in mind and call me when the place gets besy (CNY period). But there was no call or email for so very long. Just 2 days ago, Aloysius told me that I could work at his parent's company. Last night, I heard my Mother said that my3rd aunt asked one of SA junior school staff if there are any vacancies for relief teaching because I am interested. He informed her that I can go down to the school to look for him. Just this afternoon, StarHub's staff called me and told me to go for an interview tomorrow afternoon.

For tomorrow.

(",)

No comments: