Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wah! Sightings!

It woul be weird if you are an office worker and suddenly, one day while working, your friends (lots of them) pop up right in front of your face. But it will not be if you are doing field work and you get to walk the streets of Orchard Road, especially on one of the Saturdays. Last saturday, 15october, my team was dispatched to attend an incident along Orchard MRT station underpass. While proceeding to the exact location,my partner saw her frined, while i was wondering what was the probability that i would chanced upon mine, Daniel and Minqi (JC peeps) saw me, well, as expected, Daniel gave me a very gay slap on my arm. I was initially a bit shocked to see them, but got over it a second later, as I need to concentrate on my job. At my standby point, the underpass itself, Joe Koh (Secondary school buddy) chatted with him, he asked me about my NS and was sort of comparing with his, he also commented that i did not change one bit since the last time he saw me. Haahaa, is that good or bad news? Next I saw the Police OCT guys Xiao Hui, thought he did not reconised me, and also Song Loo, who gave me a very warm smile and waved to me. My team was stuck there for about 3 hours and man, our poor feets were tired. The day was not complete yet for without the next incident which adds to more torment to our legs. Right after we left the underpass, along the filter lane of Scots road into Orchard road, an accident, right in front of our eyes, actually it was right behind our heads. We were walking from a Toyota Wish parked at the end of the filter lane, when a motocycle sped past us and smashed right into it. We had to get the ambulance and to inform the incident to the various departments while standing. Directing taffic, waiting for Trafic Police arrival, and looking after both parties. Tired legs. Few case, but long procedures.

Well i was accused of seeing something that i did not see, and because i was true to God, true to myself, that i would be like Job, that i have made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl (Job 31:1). Well, it was like this, there was a commotion among a couple, and by the time my team arrived, the guy was like pulling and tugging the girl. As she was wearing someting like a tube, certain something should be out on the lose according to me partner. We were right in front of them, when i saw to that they have stop the struggle, i saw the girl pulling up the tube like dress. During debriefing, they were like teasing me saying that i should have. I denied i saw anything. Truth. My TeamLeader jokingly commented that he know that I did not see, but since the whole team was so sure that i did, it was really such a waste that i did not. Well, i beg to differ. I have a covenant with my eyes you know, and I have a covenant with God.

And yet, the tour was not completed yet when we had not once again came across incidents during my night shift on the 17october. Some security guard has to be so fussy such that he had wanted the Police to do something when someone kicking some bin along the road, the best is that he could not really tell if the damages were done by the people whom he pointed out. It was during our standby at a certain Nightspot along Orchard Road. Well I have learnt a lesson to ask when in doubt no matter how pissed off or how busy my in-charge is, and to record the correct person's statement. Silly me.

Today, now is 1645, and i am still considering if i wanna go out or not; to Creative to collect my cousin's Zen micro and for a movie with Russell after that. We will see.

No comments: