Monday, February 26, 2007

Enough Time

Another realisation that I realised. This one happened yesterday at the hospital.

I was at the hospital visiting my grandmother. She was admitted a few days ago. She was fine until the eve of the CNY. On the eve and till now, she seems sort of lethargic and kept on falling into sleep every now and then, when she doing something or not doing something. When you talk to her, she could fall asleep responding to you. Then on the 2nd day of CNY there is a bruise on her right eye. It looked horrible. Tt covered the whole quarter of her face, and because of this bruise she could not even open her good eye to look at us properly. In the end the adults decided to admit her to the hospital.

What I have realised is that God had given us enough time.

I am 20 this year. I have lived 20 years on this earth. When I looked at my mother (yesterday at the hospital), I was thinking that I need to live another of my (until now) lifetime to reach 40 (or about my mother's age). Then I turned to look at my Grandmother, and then I thought that it would be another double life (2x40) to reach my grandmother's age (rough estimate).

I realised that 20 years and I have achieved so much, what more another 20, then another 40. It is very traumatising to know that you (I) have to go through another of what you (I) have gone through to reach say a parent's age, a more mature adult, a breadwinner's prime. And then live through another time of your (my) already gone through life to reach a grandparent's age, a successful guardian, a retired person. It is comforting to know that you (I) have to go through another of what you (I) have gone through to lead people into believing Christ, teaching new christians, organising camps. There is enough time for all these, for people like us. This life expectancy thing, God has given us about 100 or a little less, but lets just round it up to a hundred.

And I'm 20 now.

No comments: