Monday, February 12, 2007

Men's Health

Last Tuesday, I tried something that was featured in Men's Health.



Have you spotted anything different?



I modified some of the ingredients. The fish tasted wonderful, although it is more overcooked compared to the original photograph's. But the salsa, well, lets just say that I'm not the chef that was meant to be.

So, then I decided to make it a simpler dish on Wednesday by making a mushroom sauce instead of the salsa. It taste much better then the salsa that I attempted to make previously, but I would say there there is room for improvement. But there is something very wrong. I did not use lemon for any part of the dish on Wednesday,thus the fish smell sticked to me wherever I went.

While eating my lunch, I got to know that Russell is flying off that very evening. He did not even tell me anything. What a good friend. So I planned my day: to go to the library, then to the airport.

And i went to Bishan Library to return books. Imagine the people who shunned me along the way and on the bus. I bet they smell something fishy that day. I popped by at BCH to say 'hi' to Qin Yi though, did not think she smell my fishiness maybe because the BBQ pork aroma had masked it.

The trip to the airport is about 1hr45mins. From the starting point to the end, or rather for bus 53, the loop.



A reunion, at last. Noticed that I am the only one wearing surf pants, and all the others are wearing long pants. Russell is going away for at least 7-8 years. I really hope that our relationship as good friends will not just fade away like that. What a friend lah, never even tell me his plans. Haha, but never mind lah... ... ...

Then the following 2 days, I went out to make money at Kallang from SAVA, a private Dragon boat association/company who organises and coordinate Dragonboating & kayaking events. They are also distributer for dragonboats. I guess that my description is correct. Yeah!! i got my tan from the 2 days of sun. Sanding and then lacquering the boats under the sun is no joke. This is really hard-earned money.

Friday is the day when the O levels result is announced. My sister got a L1R5 better than me. haha. 12. Wa lao. beter than me leh. How can. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Ok lah, very good. Now she can go almost wherever she wants. Friday is also the night when Addison's performance was on. I has been a long time since I have went for a band performance and I have lost touch with this kind of music, I realised.

(",)

No comments: