Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In a week of Fun

Hey! Sentosa! The Amazing race. SF have an Amazing race at Sentosa. Cool.



We had fun although the team I was facilitating got the last position. I must apologise for not reading the clues in advance (cheat a 'lil... haha). That is why we went to take the lunge straight away after going up the skylift. We should have went to the Dragon trial after taking the skylift.



I got a tan from that day, which lasted till now (2 weeks). Then I only got to shed my skin today. Delayed skin reaction. Funny skin of mine. Anyway, one more event happened in the meantime I was waiting for the skin to shed.

Church Camp @ Malaysia!

Aubrey, Daryl and I shared a room. From the few days we spent there, we can conclude that Daryl grinds his teeth hard, real hard and loud.

This is the first time I have attended the Church Camp. 10 years in Church and this is the first time. My initial intention was to ask my mother along. Which then was so unfortunate that my uncle has to go to China and the shop which my parents shared with them still require tending. My mother said that she should stay in Singapore to help out at the shop. Next, I asked my father if it is a good idea to close the shop for a week and then the whole family can go to the camp. It seems that the shop cannot be left unattended because there are other vendors coming to rent part of the shop space, so someone have to be there to take care of this matter. Thus both my parents had to stay back.

Attending the camp makes me realise that being a 'whatever' infectious, contagious or influential Christian is even more important now than in the past. I'll have to sub 'ous' for this adjective because I do not know which is the correct one. Being a 'ous' Christian. Reason being that the world is changing the Christian point of view, changing the quality of Christian. So we must stay true to the teaching and follow the bible. The world easily sway Christian off their feet telling them the importance of making money. Spending time on work is more important that spending time with God. Labouring till we are dead tired and spend no time on Bible study everyday. This is the World view of how a normal person should live. Faith is just secondary. The world tells us that believing is using the heart, there is no need to live it out, just use your heart. Believing that Jesus is the savior is sufficient, there is no need for further actions. This is the world talking to us, with a louder voice that the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit has been muted by all these external factors. It made Christians think that these Christian values are obsolete and are not functional in modern times. Spread the word, be a 'ous' Christian. I wanna add another ous to it. Serious. Christianity is like black and white. Either you are, or you are not. It is an identity, Either you are a someone or you are not at someone. You cannot be a ½ someone. (I'm a ½father? I'm a ½student? I'm a ½vegetarian???) When you believe that Jesus Christ cleansed your sins once and for ever, you are a Christian. Nothing less, nothing more. So, living as a Christian is how our lives ought to be, because we are one. My logic is simple: you are a male so live like one, you are a student behave like one. You are a Christian so live like one. Know your role and do it well. Remember the world is looking at us. So is God. Be responsible to the people or be responsible to God. Take a look at this verse.

Hebrews 13:5-7 (New International Version)

5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

6So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"

7Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.

Us it as a Reminder.

The sermon was good. Then the walk-tour around the place is not bad either. On the second day, Jian Wen, Daryl and I walked around during the free time. As were tired of the food from the Hotel, we had food from Pizza Hut. Then we were supposed to visit the "Red Church" but Jian Wen sort of forgot his way. We visited another Church though. St. Paul Church. It is an ancient building, no longer in use. Daryl was saying that he remembered he took a photograph when he was "this small" at the square window, and he wanted to take another one when he is "this big" now.



There was a Treasure Hunt on the third Day. We had to go to St. Paul Church again for the first stop. The last station (museum) needed quite some time and only a few representative needs to do it, so the rest of the team just sat around the outside of Christ Church Malacca aka Red Church which is the ending point.



While waiting most of us would either have a Chendol drink or have an ice-cream while waiting for the few at the Museum to finish. Got to know some weirdos.


Weirdos have fun! Haha!

(",)

No comments: