Friday, September 07, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle so many Stars

I went to the market along Hougang Ave 1. It is called Hainanese Village. I went there with my sister and cousin for breakfast.

Due to the fact that I did not have enough sleep (bad habit of mine; sleeps at 2-3 am , then I have to wake up @ 8-9 today), I just walked past the crowd because I was concentrating on getting my breakfast when I reached the market. Escaping my vision was the cast and crew of Mediacorp staffs, filming. I guess it is for 手足 2, since they are the same bunch of artists, and some of them spot the same image/hairstyle as in 手足1. When I was approaching the stall that I have decided to patronise, then my sister asked me,“ 有没有看到?” This was when I walked back to check it out. We stayed around the set for a while so see how the scene was being filmed. Lin Ming Lun was being smashed with eggs. Poor thing. A lot of times, at least 10 eggs, at least.


Can you see the egg shells on his head?


Can you see the egg yoke on the floor?


"When will it be my turn?" *scratch scratch*

Actually that was not Lin Ming Lun's only egg-smashing scene. This is only the beginning.

After we bought our food (Hup Li bee Hoon for them, and Vegetarian Bee Hoon for me) , we sat down at a table quite near to the set so that we are able to watch most of the filming process with ease. Then we noticed that the main characters of that particular scene are only Lin Ming Lun and Cynthia Koh. The rest of them have minor parts in that scene, so they are taking a rest after they have done their part. They gathered around and occupied a table. I saw Liu Zi Xuan queueing at the famous kopi stall. After a long while, she is still queuing at the kopi stall, but it was already her turn to order. We continued to watch the "performance" of egg throwing and squabbling. Cynthia was scolding at the auntie who threw eggs at her "husband". I got myself a cup of soya bean drink while I continue to admire the sights. Cynthia's line were “你够了没有啊!” Then she went forward to confront the auntie. The director tried different ways of doing that scene. One was to ask Cynthia to scold the auntie. Another was to snatch away her bag of eggs. I think they ended up doing the scene which shows Cynthia smashing an egg on the auntie's head, causing the latter to walk away mumbling to herself.

In the end, we decided that we have to take photographs with some of the artists.


Too bad my cousin did not want to appear in the picture. Wow, Xiang Yun did not look a year over 30! I think that Ann Kok had lost some of her fans, because of her taking a break from acting a few years ago. And Liu Zi Xuan is very pretty, even though she ought to be appearing as a boyish character. (look at her nautica watch!)



Girl meets girl


I have got such a big head, I guess a few strands more hair and I will be a proud owner of an Afro! Somehow, she seems to look puny beside me.

After She took photographs with us, she commented that we are all very tall. Haha. And asked us how old are we. As my sister could not really remember what her Chinese name is (Zi Hui? Zi Shan? Zi Si? Zi Xuan?) as her real name is sort of similar to her 7pm show name which is Zi Hui. So she told us to just call her Jessica. What a gal.

What a morning.

No comments: