Saturday, September 22, 2007

Belated Celebration for the Sept's

Settler's cafe we went to. There are 11 of us. The 2 B-day peeps are Han Wei and Min Hui. Then there are Constance, Sherman, Esther, Hao Jie, Cheryl, Aubrey, Jian Wen, Addison, and me. When we first arrived, Constance told me that the place smells, as in it has a weird odour, like cookie(which is her dog). I agreed. I guessed that it might be due to all the board and card games items.

You see, Settler's cafe is a cafe where the main attractionis not their food. It is their games. Board and card games.

The smell disappear when we started to have fun.

To tell you the truth, I am not good at reaction game. I have relatively slow reaction compared to the rest of them. Haha. I was not as fast and witty as before.

I do not know the names of the games that I played, it is also very hard to describe all. i can tell you some. Do you remember this entry? Okay, one of the game is identical to that game. Instead there are dedicated animal picture cards instead of poker cards. We need to make animal sounds, but I (knowing that I am now slower) suggested that we call out the animal names instead of calling out the animal sound. At first, Han Wei was the one who got the most cards. This was because he kept on laughing and laughing and laughing and could not react in time to the card. But in the end, I was the one who was laughing and could not concentrate well. In a folly's moment, I "deprived" Han Wei of all his cards. I think you can read the other games and how they are played from the officail settler's website , or from the official website. The other one is about hand actions. Players must perform out the hand actions on the card, the slower one take the card (similar?). Actually the first game we played is some sort of a brick game board game. But it's quite different. I do not know how to describe.

The other interesting thing is how the 2 of them tried to blow out all the relighting candles. The challenge was that if they can blow out all the candles, we will be treating them, otherwise, they will the ones buying the bill. But of course we did not really want them to pay up. We just want them to have fun, trying to blow out all the relighting candles. After the thing, Han Wei told us that he thought that he had extinguished about half the candles, but when he turned his head back after he took his breath, he was surprised to see that they are still there, strong and lighted!

No comments: