Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Series of fortunate and unfortunate events.

Ice-cream. I scream. We screamed. Too much already. If you go around checking out some of my church friend's blogs or their personal message. It would be saying things like "no more ice cream for next 6months" , "I have enough of ice-cream" etc. We had so much ice-cream on Saturday for our ice-cream 8 course dinner and we did not even finish all 8 courses. Imagine 4 tubs of 6 litres plus around 15 tubs of 1.5 litres. I guess that was quite an accurate estimate of how much ice-cream we bought for the event. I think we managed to finish ½ of those.

I was the usher for Sunday Church service. While doing so, I noticed one lady who looked like Felicia Chin (but she is not, She looked tanned and a bit older compared to Felicia Chin). What first caught my eye was her colourful rainbow coloured tee she was wearing, next was her make-up, then was her look-like-Felicia-Chin face. I wanted to confirm her identity but I could not get a better look as I was engaged in my duty. At the end of the service, I saw her talking to some of the Pastors and Uncle Shan Ping. So Lunch came. Its the birthday celebration. We catered Nasi Lemak from Kovan Hup Li. Guess what, there are still ice-cream left from the previous day. So Hao Jie initiated to play the game they played yesterday. It is sort of like "follow the leader" where the leader will give a specific set of instruction such as : use your right hand to take the spoon, pass it to your left hand, scoop the ice-cream eat it put the spoon down after you say 'thank you'. If people did the action in the wrong sequence or missed out an action, they will have to repeat and thus eat more ice-cream. He managed to clear a lot of ice-cream using this method on Saturday, he is trying it again. Haha. After lunch we had combined Bible Studies. Reverend Yang taught us the OIA method to study the bible. His focus was on O: Observation that day. Some of us were amazed some of us were shocked, some of us were simply just doing the worksheet. We were asked to read Matthew chapter 2 and there was questions like: how many kings went to visit the child and mary; did the star led them to where they were; how many types of gifts was presented; the gifts was present to who. Do you know the answers? Next was describing the picture like that of an oral examination. The picture was about a car accident. MAN, there was much disagreement going on as to who is to be blamed for the accident. Homework is to read John 3:16, using the 6H, list down our observations. After bible study, most of the other peeps went home, the committee stayed back for meeting. Such a long meeting. we discussed about how are we going to operate during the renovation months, the plans for next your, rooms to use, camps, follow up for events and the upcoming Christmas event. It was about 6:30pm, Reverend Yang did not join us for dinner. The few of us; the 1724s (proudly) finally decided to eat at Thai Express.SLURP SLURP. When I got back home, I MSNed and chated with Reverend Yang, I remembered that he might know the Felicia-Chin-lookalike is. He mentioned that she seems to be a finalist form this year's Starsearch. I was like,"oh really ah, no wonder wear until so colourful".

Went swimming on Monday. And what is the worst forgetful thing that you can do there? Forget to bring the swimming trunks home. And that was what I did. I realised it only after I reached home and was unpacking my bag. I have to walk back to the pool, asked the staff to let me in, go to the toilet's second cubicle to retrieve my supposedly lost swimming trunks.

Wow, Tuesday is an eventful day. Went to cut my hair @ Tampines by Steven, my favorite hairstylist. Nice. Nice. I proceeded to Queenstown/Queensway to meet Hao Jie. 1) to look and take measurements of desks and swivel chairs from IKEA. I was thinking of buying AMON table top 30$ to fit with GALANT frame 40$ and A-LEGS 15$/pc. For the chair, I was thinking of buying either the ALLAK (synthetic leather) 128$ or the KARSTEN (mesh back) 238$. Hao Jie have been wanting to introduce one of his favorite drink of all time to me. Durian Milkshake from block 120 opposite IKEA. He seems to know a lot about the 2 stalls operated by 3 brothers. 1 is the Ba Kut Teh Stall, next to it is the Fruits & Juices stall, owned by 3 brothers. We had Ba Kut Teh with rice, then next, wah. Next wah, comes the wah, thing. The Durian wah Miklshake. Wah. I ordered Soursop Milkshake. Soursop Milkshake taste refreshing, but wah, Durian Milkshake wah wah is very powerful wah. Each mug is only 2$ very worth the buy! Wah. Must try. I got a feeling the SF people will be able to try it, maybe within this year. If you know what I mean. Haha! The wah surprise. Wah² Wah²! I wanted to buy a new pair of running shoe for a long time already, my targeted shoe is New Balance 1222. It was quite an old model, as in it was around the market for about 1 year plus, so not many shop carry the colour (lime green lines with white base) that I wanted nor do they have the size (13). All along I thought I was a 13, but then after what the uncle said, I was convinced I am a size 12 new Balance wearer. He said that if I wear 13, after a while, I would have to tighten my laced to make the shore "re-fit" my feet. But with a 12, I do not need to do that. Since my NS time, I have been wearing size 13 New Balance, and this problem really occurred to both pairs of shoes. What worries me is the length of the shoe, the truth is that any shoe will expand after it is seasoned. Here come s the tricky part. I am a flat footer and have wide feets. Some shoes comes in different wideness (measured in 'E's. Common sizes are 2E and 4E.) 1222 only have 4E. Uncle recommended me 1223 size 12 2E. Good. Haha. It fits. I missed Tuesday's 9pm show on Channel 8 cause I was just paying the uncle @ 9pm. Tsk.

Tell you one thing. Next time you go to Queens to buy shoes, go to the 2 shops manned by 1) Mr Singh and the other shop by the Indians. They give better deals than the Chinese and Malays. It seems so. They give better advises and seems to be more experienced at the shoe business.

Today, wow, woke up at 7am. I had a job interview with a*star company at Buona Vista scheduled at 9:30am. The interview lasted ½hour, it went so fast. I didn't even know if it was good or bad. It was a hot morning, I was sweating as I was on my way, and I was still sweating when I was at the table talking to them. Was an unsightly view. After the interview, I went to Raffles City to have BK breakfast, a little treat for myself. The wrong thing I dis was to got down at Raffles Place MRT station instead of City Hall MRT station. After brunch, I took a walk down to Suntec. I bought a CD: Olivia from HMV. http://oliviaong.com/index.html The CD I bought is the Singapore release, which is not reflected in the official website. I saw Zhang Fend (NS friend) along the way and Danny (church friend) at G2000Blu. One thing caught my eye. This:



I had always wanted a V-neck long sleeved tee. It gives the causal look a new definition. Cool and casual. Then I continued my journey into the pointless window shopping and saw this nice picture at a art gallery/shop just beside minitoons.



It may not be well taken here cause I was using my k750i and it's not really a neat camera. Just good enough for blogging and such. The next thing I know, I was in the DC comic shop, selling all the DC superheros stuffs. There are Superman, Green Lantern, Flash tees going from 9$ to 19$. You know why it is so cheap, because the new stock are going for 80+$. They are those black tee with "diamond studed" Superman "s" logo. Wow. Ex Pen Sive. Another thing that I had always wanted to own is a neat Superman Belt Buckle. But they are slightly on the expensive side. The buckle is 89$ and the leather strap is 30$. There are the smaller and not so to my liking ones going @ 29$ per buckle. I did not get any, no budget ah. Wait till I get my job. Went home!

I did not go swimming today. Lazy is the word; I was thinking that I should give myself a break. My sister went out after her ½day at school and got home at night and she packed a half-eaten Chicken & Mushroom Fusilli from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.



Yawn! I took such a long time to complete this entry. Because I was blogging, watching TV and MSN-ing at the same time. AND guys are not so good @ multitasking. Haha. That explains. I dun think I'm gonna bother about any spelling mistakes in this entry. Remember. lazy's the word.

(",)

No comments: